Sunday 25 August 2013

"Do you smell something burning?"

I decided to start this blog for a couple of reasons.
 
I love food and I love to talk about food.
 
I believe that food is a way of bringing people together and a delicious way to create memories with the people you love. Some of my fondest memories are from family dinners. We all sit around eating, talking, making jokes (some funny, some highly inappropriate) laughing and enjoying each others company.
 
 I wasn't always so keen on cooking though. There was a time where I couldn't cook anything without burning it. The joke was that my smoke detector was my cooking timer. ha-ha. Cooking was definitely a challenge for me for quite a long time.

Those days are obviously long gone, although I do burn the occasional piece of toast...

Cooking has now become a passion of mine. I love trying out new recipes in my (small) kitchen and preparing a meal for friends or family. I am constantly looking for new recipes to try out as well as creating some of my own.

This blog will be a place where I can share those recipes with you, along with the successes and failures that come along with the territory.

Wish me luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment